Monday, May 26, 2008

Rain

No race today due to heavy rain. It's a good call because the trails in Draper are too good to trash. The race has been postponed to Wed's night at 6pm. Should be fun.

The delay is good for me. My lower back / upper glut is super tight and pinching a nerve. The result is lots of pain and not much sleep. With some luck and lots of stretching, I should be better on Wed. I'll need it because the 40+ Experts are stacked.

Got to like Utah weather in the late spring. Tuesday night I rode home from work in 93 degrees and Thursday night I rode home in 45 degrees.

Saturday we pre-rode the Draper course and got into lots of sticky mud on the dirt road. It clogged my chain which ripped off my rear derailleur. After coasting back to the parking lot, I jumped on Eric's light hardtail for the rest of the ride. It was fun to ride and got me thinking about a hardtail again. I've toyed with building a light HT for some time. Well, Eric had another HT frame available, so I jumped off the cliff and switched over the parts from my Epic. I now have a light HT to race. I plan to use it for a while and see what I think.

1 comment:

drrna said...

Be interesting to see what you think since I've never had FS. It has always been a good excuse for me, but maybe I'll find out that you're even faster on a lighter bike. Hard to believe that a HT isn't a good call on the Draper course.

I rode the course Friday night. Got lost, crashed, walked for 1/2 mile through mud, and so on.