Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

Tanner and I celebrated this morning by going on the 10th Annual Glen Adams' New Year's Day hike. I've made it to 5 or 6 of these hikes and they are always good. We had about a dozen of us this year and we hiked a ridge just on the North edge of Little Cottonwood. The rule of the annual hike is that it's somewhere new each year. This was one of the best hikes we've had on a beautiful day. Good times and Tanner even spent some time breaking trail. The boy is getting strong.


The view from our turn-around spot.

Chris Bingham was on the front when he saw moose up a head. He found this shed where the moose had been.
My neighbor Kyle and I have a holiday tradition of playing some kind of practical joke on each other. Kyle is a big time hunter, so this year we bought a very tacky 8-foot inflatable snowman in hunting gear from Cabelas and put it up in his yard Christmas Eve. Later that night, Kyle "borrowed" my archery deer target that we decorate in the front yard and returned it in a game bag hung with a winch from a tree. The stakes will be higher next year.


Kyle and I playing my favorite Christmas gift this year, Rock'm Sock'm Robots!



Tanner's Christmas Cross bike he was able to race a couple of times this year. My new Tri-cross carbon came in time for Christmas, but not racing. It will have to wait for next year.


Finally, Bob and BK, I'll get my list of 5 things posted this week. Also, the skiing yesterday made up for Saturday's dissaster. Some good face shots were had by T and me. I forgot the camera, so you'll have to take my word.
One more thing, we saw the documentary "Steep" last night. It is about big mountain skiing. Even if you don't ski or ride, you have to see this movie. It is outstanding. It's currently at Tolley Square.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Tanner is looking more like Joanne. The new bike looks pretty cool! Only a few months before you can get it dirty.