Sunday, August 09, 2009

Climbing on the tandem

Climbing up Monte last WedDoug going up Monte

A few Pics of the Moose and her calf

When I'm not on the bike, I'm on the water
The last few weeks have been crazy. I've been on the boat more than on the bike, yet I still put in a good 182 miles last week (Only ten miles less than all of July). Doug talked Mindy and I into climbing Monte on wed (26 miles up in 2 and a half hours and 30 min back down) and by the end I was a bit worried for LotoJa. Mindy was having troubles on the back with her saddle. So when I heard the team was going to climb Emigrations and Big Mountain I knew we had to go to rebuild some confidence (we were going to go boating). We made a few changes to our saddles and the tandem setup and that made all the difference (I'm filling ok for LotoJa again). We don't climb fast, but we can descend pretty fast if the road conditions allow for it. I think we hit 48 mph coasting down Monte and 49 mph after the last switch back off big mountain. Mindy gets nervous when we go that fast (she stiffens up on the back), but she is getting a lot better with her balancing and descending (Although she still reminds me about our kids after we go that fast).
Only 33 day to get ready to ride Lotoja. Time to start training, I hope it's not to late.


No comments: