Sunday, August 30, 2009

stache update



Alright you might need to pull out the magnifine glass to see mine, but it is there. I know it is pretty pathetic, but atleast I have the kahoonas to try! I did cave in and shave the sides though. I little bird told me on the phone that Doug shaved his off. I am going to tell you a funny story though about him with a beard that he told me today.

This is the story, as told by Doug.

Jill called and asked me to meet her at the Home Depot to look at some stuff. I had been working at the office doing sheet rock and painting. I was dirty, had paint on me, and sheet rock mud all over. I had been growing out my beard all week ... (Betty interupts) and complaining about it all week... Any way there were some homeless guys standing at the corner down from me as I waited for Jill. I took my hat off to scratch my head and a guy walked by and put five dollars in my hat. I told him I didn't want his money and he said, "You need it more than I do."

Pretty funny! I laughed pretty hard about it.

Road 85 miles solo on Saturday. Felt alright. The new shoes are helping my knee feel better. It is the first time I have ever had shoes that fit! Hopefully, my knee does alright. 13 days to go!

No comments: