Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quick Month!

Specialized apprecited my work! I did send it back.
2010 Tarmac SL3 Ulta light, 13.2 lbs. It was a sweet ride.
Adam before surgery, I think?
This was our home. A lot of $ under that tent!
This is what 170 miles does to me. 10,5 hours in the saddle. Betty's finished sewing room!

We all haven't been the best blogger, so I am going to update you on the last month. Adam and I worked the Specialized dealer meeting. Bonnie and Kim were also working to meeting. It was at Snowbird and was very beautiful. Adam and I worked in the road bike area and we organized all the 2010 bikes (250) in model and size. It was our job to find the bikes the dealers wanted to ride and get it set-up properly. It was a lot of work with long hours, but they feed us great and our condo was very nice. Adam had emergency appendectomy so he didn't get to do the dealer group rides at night. It was fun to ride the latest in bike technology, the only problem was you have to go down and up, no flats. I went down little cottonwood 5 times while I was there. I have never ridden it before, but when you go up as slow as I, you learn it well. Our schedule was so different than Kim and Bonnie we didn't get to ride together. We met a great bloot from New Zealand, Andrew Young. Andrew is seeing the world for a year and with his professional tri background has a lot of connections. His blog is: kiwiadventuresabroad.blogspot.com the man has quite the engine and alot of fun to be around. We have had a lot of injuries to the connection so I ended up riding tour de park city by myself. 170 miles with a 50 mile climb from Evanston to the top of Bald Mountain, and of course into a head wind. I made it and even lead the race for 50 miles as I started early and it took the cat 1,2,3 50 miles to catch me. I rode with them to Evanston and then it was solo to the end. We have had some great group rides and even got Daren and Tanner too ride with us last week. We made the Centerville to Big Mountain climb. It was a lot of fun being together, and the tandem of Mindi and Adam can descend like a rocket. I have been doing some remodeling for Bonnie and Kim, Jill and Robby and my patient wife Betty. She now has her customized sewing room done. Hope you are all well. Tyra is having collar bone surgery tomorrow so we all hope things go well. She crashed monday and will have the reduction and plate screwed in tomorrow. I guess she is a true biker now. 29 days to lotoja. Ride Safe. Doug

No comments: