Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back on the bike

After two weeks of not being able to ride (stupid appendicitis) I was given the all clear by the Doctor to do whatever I want (Unless I started to feel a slight twinge then I need to back off). So after my 8 am appointment I rushed home and jumped on the bike. I road out to Fremont and back. With no real wind I felt great for the first 30 miles (cruised at around 21), then I bonked. I struggled back into the wind for the last 5 miles (at around 18-19).
As I started my ride I felt as if I could still do the Tour of Park City on Saturday, but by the end of the ride I'm having second thoughts on that idea, and the fact that the ride had no hills only solidifies that thought.
Oh, I asked the doctor if I should worry about all the extra fat in my gut that he saw while taking out my appendicitis (he was surprised to see the extra fat pockets on a guy as skinny as me) and he said, "No, just make sure you don't stop exercising". So I have no option but to be GCconnection for life. My new line is Ride or get Fat!!

PS the new kits look and ride great!!!

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Good to hear you are feeling better Sutt. We should put that logo on the next jersey kit - Ride or get fat!