Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Love the break aways!

I didn't get to race last week because of a really bad cold. But I did get to ride with a group of cat 1/2ers. I actually felt really well, even pulled through a few times. Unfortunately, I about puked going up the small final hill. But I did hold on. It was a very fast ride, definitely helped for the crits.

This week I was able to start the first break-off of the year. There are two guys that can really sprint, and I know I can't beat them in the final sprint. At the 14 lap prime I stayed close to those sprinters and attacked when they sat up to rest. I got six people to go with me, including my buddy Jeremy. We pounded it and got a pretty good gap. We dropped two guys and kept pushing it. With 2 laps everyone started doing the "you pull" "no, you pull" thing. Jeremy took off and pulled a lap. I was right behind him and was hoping he had just a little more, but he ran out of juice. I decided to go for it and see if I could hold it out. I got caught in the last 20 meters and got passed, finishing 4th. It was a fun breakaway! I love the breakaways.

No comments: