Tuesday, July 21, 2009

108 and 5


I finally got in a long ride last Saturday. I went on a group ride and road 108 miles. I road with a bunch of cat 1/2 riders and they worked me over. We started with around 30, but dropped down to around 8 that finished. I felt pretty good the whole ride. Never really getting dropped. I went with the lead groups on the climbs. I bonked pretty good the last 45 minutes though. We were going into a big head wind and they were pulling 27 mph. Four of us dropped off and still managed to keep 22 pace. I was definitely in the pain cave. I stumbled in the rest of the way home.

Tonight we had our weekly crit. Pretty much the same story. I tried to get a break away all night and kept the tempo really high. I was 2 coming into the final turn and got passed with 10 yards to go by a small group of guys. No bueno! But I love racing and some day I am going to get that crit win.

The tour has been fun to watch. People say it has been boring, but I am enjoying it. My 3/4 of the way done predictions. I am going out on a limb and saying it is going to be an Astana sweep 1 - 2 - 3. Contador, Armstrong, Kloden. Thor will win the green and Liquigas mullet man will win the polka dots. Andy will keep the white. All and all it has been a good tour. Lance has made the u.s. actually somewhat pay attention. Biggest losers of the tour - Levi (obviously) and George. I am surprised no doping scandals, yet...

Not suprised that Lance is announcing a new sponsor Thursday. About time.

No comments: