Friday, July 03, 2009

The Real Tour Winners

The connection has been all over the country! Welcome home Sutt's. I'm still in beautiful Oregon and we have been having a great time. We are in Depoe Bay with our daughter Alissa now having left Brady's a couple of days ago. We had a great time at Brady's and even did alittle racing. I was nervous about the crash crits, but was able to keep in upright and finished in the group of very fast riders. One guy turned into me at 31 MPH and hit my front wheel 4 times as I tried to brake and not crash. I was able to keep it up and then kill myself to get back to the group. As seems to always happen the last corner a guy a little in front of me was peddling through the corner and hit the ground and went down and took out 6 or 7 guys. I was able to go inside and finish up right. I felt great and was excited to race with my son and watch him at the front working it hard. I feel so lucking to be in a riding family. We went to the USA track and field championships while at Brady's in Eugene. It is so cool to see world class athletics. Ogden's own Lindsey Anderson ended up 4th in the steeplechase and was so disappointed not to make the world championship team. The 10.000 mens race was amazing. We had some great Ogden presence in the race with Seth Pilkington at the front the whole race finishing in 11 place just behind BYU grad Josh Rotentinsky and Luke Pudeshki from Ogden who is at Uof Oregon also in the mix. Galen Rupp stole the show with an impressive win for the home fans.

Here are my tour predictions. I am even going one step better. I'm posting the all time drug assisted winners list.
2009 predictions All time drug assisted winners list
Over all Winner Over all Winner
1. Denis Menchov 1. Floyd Landis
2. Cadel Evans 2. Alexande Vinokourov
3. Lance Armstrong 3. Alejandro Valverde

Green Jersey Green Jersey
Mark Cavendish (Come on who else) Alessandro Petacchi (Boonen's back in)

Climbing Jersey Climbing Jersey
Andy Schleck Michael Rasmussen

TTT TTT
Columbia Highroad Festina

Special Prediction: In the team time trial if Lance is right in front of Alberto he will wait for the wheel cross over moment and take Alberto out. If that doesn't work, Chris Horner will be in the tunnel on the first big climb up to Andorre Arcalis and throw a log in front of Alberto. I want Chris in the race. This team can not survive, give it back to Vino and lets get a new Team started.
Greatest injustice: Chris Horner being left off Astana's team!
Ride safe and see you soon. Doug

No comments: