Monday, October 22, 2007

Ugh! Rain again!

This is my "I've had enough of the rain" face.
I love my new Radiant glove!

Last week was quite the riding week. I got rained on every day last week! Early in the week I had the funniest thing happen. I went out to the garage to get ready to ride to work. I was running late so I quickly put on my shoes (with covers), coat, gloves, and helmet. I road to work and when I get to work and started to undress I notice somethings moving in my shoe covers. There were hundred of ants all over in and around my shoe. I spent atleast 15 minutes trying to get them out of my shoe and kill the little buggers. Pretty gross!

By Friday I had had enough of the rain. As I went out to ride home it started absolutely poring. As the wind was blowing you could see the waves of the rain across the sidewalk. The rain was coming down so hard it would hurt my face. I passed a few people walking on the trail, but most had umbrellas (an unheard of thing in Eugene). I passed a few (maybe 3 at the most) people on bikes. The first guy turned to me and shook his head and said, "What the hell are we doing?" That's pretty much what I was thinking.

On the positive side, on a scale of 1-10, I would rate my new Radiant gloves a 11! They have kept my hands dry and warm all week. I still can't wait to ride the cyclocross race in the first of November. Hope the riding is going well and you stay dry!


Bubba

No comments: