Thursday, October 18, 2007

Small World!

It is good to hear that everyone is well. Daren, your post got me excited for my first cyclocross race in November. I have been practicing a few dismounts and they are a lot harder than they look. Popping your foot out at the last minute is going to take some practice. There is a great article in this months Velonews about cyclocross and the strategies for mounting and dismounting. It has been a pretty rainy October, and it looks like it will continue to be.

I was reading on Velonews.com and came across an article that say Ogden is being considered as the new location for US Cycling. What are the chances of that? I think it is pretty cool! Here is the link for the article: http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13531.0.html

Bubba

2 comments:

Daren said...

It would be great if USA Cycling moved to Ogden. Then I wouldn't have to go very far when I want to complain.

Keep up the cross practice. You're right, it is harder than it looks.

DC

Doug said...

It sounds like we have a chance of getting it. They are talking about the old canning company building on 21st and Grant. It has been renovated and is ready to go. They have also announced the Tour Of Utah for next year. One stage is 90 miles from SLC to Ogden over 4 mountains, must be emigration, big mtn, trappers, and NO divide. Thant will be a great race to watch.
Doug