Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not Much

Not much out of the ordinary this week. Busy work week and no race. Tanner and I rode with the team for nearly 3.5 hours yesterday. It was a fun ride in nice weather. The pace was surprisingly moderate and we had a big group. We rode into Utah county and came back over Suncrest. There wasn't much wind on top, so you could let it rip on the downhill. I check my Garmin after the ride and 54.1 was my top speed. Good times. Tanner did really well in the group and had no problems staying on. We paced-lined for a while and Tanner was rolling through like a pro.

Some local guys were cross racing in Idaho and Kentucky this weekend. I'm looking forward to their race reports. Hopefully, things went well. It's always fun to check the blogs on Monday and Tuesday to get every one's take on the weekend races. Bart, DrX, Teamrico, Stupidbike Bob, Fox, Atrain and others keep me entertained early in the week.

Recently, I've discovered a few Internet sites and blogs of international cross racers. I've watched some highlight clips of World Cup and other races. It is amazing how fast those guys are. I also learn something every time I watch them race. Little things like how they enter corners, that hardly any of the top guys bother to "step-through" when they dismount and how their remounts are just like a hurdler's trail leg. Good stuff. Looking forward to Heber this week and State Championships the next. I'm an old guy this year, 45+, so may be I have a chance to do well.

No comments: