Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Weekend Review

Hello to family bloggers. I don't do this enough to remember how to get access, so needless to say I am glad I finally got in. Daren (Sutt one r) Tanner and I went down to the southern desert and made like sand lizards on wheels. It was quite the race course. We went down on Friday and pre-road the course. It is like riding through a sand pile with an occasional rock to climb or a raven to dive in or climb out of. The course was about 13 miles long and Tan I did two laps and Daren did 3. We made a few mistakes like not anticipating it being 92 degrees. I was out of water after one lap and was really feeling it by time I ended. Daren was doing great in 2nd place when the dehydration sent him into the LOTOJA tunnel of pain and incohersion. A few guys passed him for a hard earned 6th Place. Tanner had a great race and took 2nd. I kept my record going and took 4th, it sounds better than it is as only 4 finished in my age group. If you are my age and racing MTB you had to be good when you were younger, and the winner in my age group is last years national XC champion. I tried to stay with them the first lap but realized I was going to kill myself crashing or blow so I settle into a pace I could live with and smiled as all the ladies passed me. As you come to the finish there is a very steep short climb about 50 ft and I was sure I wasn't going to make it up but then all the people are yelling encouragement so I was to embarrassed not to make it up , I did. After 10 hours in the Tahoe and hours in the pain cave we all questioned our sanity.

We got in LOTOJA and it was none to soon as it is full already. We planned out our long rides a few weeks ago and I will post them so any of you out of townees can plan your trips. Be safe in your riding and props to Tyra and Bonnie for being able to get back out on the bikes. Ty got a Roub/pro and is doing a tri. Bonnie is going to ride the bike part in a relay at the same Tri in St George. Good luck ladies. Alissa got her first clipped in ride the other day and did very well. She has lost a lot of weight and is going to do a Tri as well. I'm going to Brady's in May so were anxious to get in a lot of rides.

Doug

No comments: