Sunday, April 01, 2007

Not a sprinter

Well, I proved once again that I'm not a sprinter yet. The RMR crit was fairly uneventful until the last few laps. There was a head wind on the drap strip, so it was pretty clear no break was going to stick in the B's. I tried to get across to one early, but everyone came with me. After that, I just sat in. I moved up to the top 10 without much difficultly with about 4 laps to go and stayed there until the last lap. I managed to come out of the last corner 4th and was set up great for the sprint. Unfortunately, I had no speed and finished about 12th a few bike lengths from the winner. I'm getting better at positioning, now I just need to finish it off.

Doug and Tanner rode out and back with me and the team. It was great to have them with me. Tanner did well riding with the big boys. The A race didn't go very well, but we managed a 6th and 7th. Our A team is not happy with anything other than a win.

Good luck with the LoToJa registration. I'll be thinking of you. We're heading down South this weekend to race the mountain bikes. Hopefully, another win is in the legs. I'll be taking it easy this week to prepare.

Daren

No comments: