Friday, September 03, 2010

Riding with the big boys

I took 15 out of 30th with my first official race as a 3. The 1's and 2's are pretty darn fast! There was a pretty nasty headwind and we still averaged almost 27 mph. The whole race was non stop intense and fast. There was no relaxing in this one. I wish my HR monitor still worked so I could know my rate, but it broke. I felt good throughout race and was up in top 10 coming into the sprint. But then everyone turned it up a notch that I don't have. I was crazy how quick they blasted into the final stretch. It was pretty humbling to see. It will hopefully give me some motivation for training this winter.

Good luck in 7 days for the LOTOJA crew!

1 comment:

Doug said...

congrats bub! I know you just didn't want to race against me anymore. Wish you were here next Sat! We could use a cat 3 guy.