Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crash, boom


Went down in the first cyclocross race of the year. I was doing pretty well in the B group, battling for first with another guy. We had about a 20 yard lead with just over 2 laps to go. I went down when pretty hard, but got up quickly. The guy got a gap, but I couldn't catch him no matter how hard I tried. Slowly other people kept catching me. It was a nightmare. With one lap to go I finally looked down at my rim to see that it was wabbling about 3 inches and I was riding with the brake on.

I jumped the last barrier and went to get on my bike, but found out my rim would no longer turn. Sucked! The rim is done! Now I don't have a rim for my cross bike or my rain bike (I was using them for both). Some days you were not meant to do well.

Also, check out the picture on the fam blog for Ethan's stitches. That's my boy!

No comments: