Friday, September 10, 2010

Lotoja withdrawls

So I am going through some Lotoja withdrawl! About this time for the past six years I would be sitting on a plane headed to Utah for the race. People at work were very surprised to hear I was going this year. There have been some good and bad to not riding it this year. My training for local races was a lot better. I wasn’t having to ride 100 milers all summer. I did a few 70 milers and that was about it. It was nice not to stress about all the miles. And I am not as stressed out about riding the race either. But there are many things that I am missing. I didn't get to do my list of things to prepare for so I am doing a top 5 list of things I will miss instead.

5. I am missing all the hype leading up to the ride this year. It is always fun to building up the race on the blog and with ya’ll.

4. Seeing everyone and getting one long ride in with everyone. Being away it is not always easy to get in on the family rides.

3. Bonnie leading the support crew! She gets more pumped up then anyone for this.

2. Making it up King of the Mtn. and knowing it is only down hill from there.

1. The DZ stache!


Good luck to everyone! Pull hard without me.

2 comments:

Doug said...

We'll be thinking of you, probably alot.

Anonymous said...

No stache this year, but I shaved the hair off today. That might sound like much, but I hadn't cut in in over a month. It will not be the same without ya. I'll miss getting to chat with ya for hours at a time.