Thursday, June 17, 2010

Oh Yeah!


Ethan loves to take his tricycle to the crits and ride them up and down the sidewalk. He races in the kiddie kilo after my race.

Jeremy let me borrow his Carbones for the last two crits. I love the hum they make.

I have some big news - Utah and Colorado will be joining the Pac-10. OK, so it isn't Texax, but it will be nice to see Utah red once in a while. But some cycling big news is that I won my first Twilight Crit!

It wasn't as big of a group - maybe 35 this week. The race went out very fast. We dropped a lot of riders in the first 4 laps. I was working a lot off the front and felt pretty good. With 6 laps to go my friend, who was right in front of me, took off. I got on his wheel, along with another guy. The guy was from the biggest team in the field. Fortunately he wasn't their strongest rider. One other guy bridged the gap after one lap, so there were four of us. Having the one guy from Lifecycle in the group allowed us to get a substantial lead. His team wouldn't work with the main group, so we got about half a lap on the field. We were working pretty hard in the four man rotation. With 3/4 of a lap to go I broke off, knowing I couldn't out sprint two of the guys in a final sprint. The gamble paid off and I held them off for the win. I finished about 10-15 yards ahead of the next rider. I won a free pizza for my efforts! It was a good day at the races.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

No cash to go with the pizza?

Bubba said...

Sucks, but no cash!