Thursday, February 12, 2009

Michael update

What a nice little broken leg with broken heel. Mike did quite the number. Metal posts and loading jacks don't mix.
This is with the rod and swrews in place.

See all the small insisions to position the rod and reduce the fractures.


This where they inserted the two foot rod.



Nice foot shot.


Nice heel, two screws and alot of fat pad missing.


Just a quick Michael update. I took him in last week to get his staples out and took some pictures. It is a mess, and they hope his heel will be able to take the force of day to day living. Kim and I and a friend from work, Rick did our 50 mile route. We flew through south weber as the wind was howling. Chase Lane didn't get any less steep over the winter. We are all getting excited about racing in St. George next month. Hope you are well and riding safely. I just about got run over the other day, I will have a picture update soon, as I am going back to the scene and take a picture of the near miss. Ride safe.

2 comments:

Suttlemyre Family said...

Mike that is NASTY!!! I didn't know that a leg could have so many things put into it. We wish you the best.

Bubba said...

It still creeps me out to look at it. Someone post quick so I don't have to see it any more.