Sunday, February 15, 2009

As good as it gets


There is a great movie that was out a few years ago called As Good As It Gets. It is a comedy about Jack Nickolson, who is OCD, and his interactions with others. Nickolson fit the part really well. He has to lock the door three times before leaving or entering, he can't step on a crack. The funny thing is is that we all have our own OCD. While some are not as obsessive as Jack's. Mine - I have to ride my bike. It is hard for me to take any time off the bike. I would be a lot worse if I had a more lenient schedule. I could easily fall into tracking every work out, diet, and working on off season training reports. But time will not permit me to do so.

But my knee is not getting any better, and it has been since September. This week I vowed to not ride once, and I am proud to say that I have not ridden my bike all week, the first time in many years. I feel pretty lazy, but my knee has started to feel a little better. Along with taking it off I have been trying not to walk on it as much, especially at work, I am taking 600 mg of Ibuprofen twice a day, and icing every night. I will be going on a test ride tomorrow to see how it feels. I have some races coming up in the first of April (all races are on Sunday up to that point) and I want to be ready for them and be fully healed.

Go Levi! It is cool to see all the energy and hype for the Tour of California. Long live the American Tour!

No comments: