Sunday, March 23, 2008

T-Man Road Racing

It's been a pretty good week with Friday a holiday from work. I've been getting caught up on bike repair and the road tires are now glued on the tubular wheels. We got in a good ride Friday and did the RMR loop yesterday, ride out to RMR - race - then ride home with the team. I've had a pretty big week and was feeling a bit worked so I just sat in my race and tried to be there at the end. As usual, I was just outside of the top ten. However, no crashes and it was a really good workout.

The big news is that Tanner is now a road racer. He made it through his first crit in the C group with no problems. In fact, he took our advice to stay near the front literally and pulled the group around for about half of the race. He lead the entire back straight nearly every lap and ended up pulling a complete lap a couple of times. He had a lot of fun on the front and was as strong as any rider. However, being on the front so much wasn't a great tactical move and he was passed on the final straight by all the guys who had just sat in. All in all, a pretty successful first crit. He'll get the tactics figured out but he showed he's fast enough to be very competitive with cat 4's and 5's.

Doug was at the race and took some pictures that he'll try to post. Hopefully, it will work out that Brady can race with me next week. Maybe I'll be able to actually do something in the race. Even though I'm not a great sprinter, I do like racing the crits. It's a challenge and makes me go harder than I would otherwise. I get a little better at it and more comfortable with it each race.

Happy Easter to all. Today has been a nice day with the family and should continue that way.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Tanner - what is up? That is pretty cool. The fam made it here in one piece. Can't wait to race on Sat. Maybe we could get together sometime before for a ride?