Sunday, March 09, 2008

Goat herders & finally a longer ride



For those of you that don't know there are two things I don't like to do: 1. get up on stage. 2 - Dance! I don't know how or why, but Luke and Matt talked me, and five others, into doing an act in our ward talent show. Back in college Luke did the performance with some roommates at the Ricks College talent night and won the contest. So Luke got the idea to try it with some old guys and do it for the ward. It is a dance to the song, "Lonely Goat Herder," from the movie The Sound of Music. It is a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXNpy1YUIXk

I had the chance to actually get out and do a group ride. It rained on Friday night, so it left the roads a little wet. We had a record of five flats, which made for a long ride. I ended up riding about 70 miles. It felt good to be out hitting the road, but could tell that my riding legs are not quite there yet. I was feeling it after about 2 and a half hours and stopping inbetween to fix flats. I made it ok and challenged on a few hills. Can't wait to ride with you all.

Bubba

No comments: