Monday, September 24, 2007

Loverly "FALL" Riding








Congrats to Bub, he maybe #2 in Eugene but he's #1 with us! D and T and I had a great ride on Sat. We rode to all the names I had heard so much about, the spine, puke hill, dog lake. It was one of the best rides any of us had been on. No race, or group pressurers, just best friends and georgeous trails and scenry! We all had a ball and Daren took us down exciting and pucker trails. After over 3 hours of riding we were heading down to the parking lot by Solitude and with about 200 yards to go, I hit a rock, all most recovered but proceded to do the famous swan dive over the bar landing on my head,ear and right wrist. It was an all rock landing that wasn't very nice. I got home ok and didn't get to the Dr. until sunday morning as I was hurting pretty good on the wrist. I went to the emergency roon where Kim and my friend Rob Alley was the attending MD. He laughed as he came in as he was on call when I smashed my fingers. The X-rays revealed no apparent fractures but one bone needed to be checked by the radiologist. I found out today that there is no fracture. Splint and swelling are in my immediate future. I thought I could drill today, but I couldn't even get a glove on and I get a few days off that I can't do anything. Go figure! Life is good.

No comments: