Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday February 26, 2006

I just thought I would recount from my reflection about our great ride on Saturday. We just needed Bub and we would have had the whole crew. Weather was OK for Feb but when the sun went behind the clouds it definitely got cold. We had Dan Ritchie with us and our pace was a moderate rate going from Russ's to Kim's. We had a few jump-on-ers, and they were nice guys. As we got towards Kim's, Daren put the hammer down and we left Ritch and some tag aligns waving good bye. We all decided the col de Chaselane was not top propriety so we headed north back to Russ's. We had the sprint ending with some bad judgement by most of us we all went to soon. Daren played it correctly and had no trouble with us all. Ritchie tried to stay on but waved good-bye. Daren and I wanted to go longer so we rode back to my place in Ogden and Dan drove my car in, we got about 70 miles in. We had a great time and I feel so lucky to be riding with such a great group. Dan got a Specialized hat from Kim, he couldn't stop talking about it on Sunday.

Daren, Tanner and I are heading south this weekend to get worked over on the first mtb race of the season. I have no expectations, except to hopefully get to some place warmer.

Happy riding to you all.

Doug

No comments: