Friday, February 16, 2007

Back in the Saddle

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Here's a quick update. I had an easy bike week last week and spent the weekend in Vegas at the World Archery Festival. Easton has a booth at the tournament and I did some work. I shot the tournament and was disappointed with my score that tied last year. I ended up middle of the 650 stong pack in my division. I guess I should practice next year.

JoAnn had a lousy weekend as I was gone and had to go to the hospital Sunday. I took her back in Monday morning and they kept her for an emergency D&C. Her hemocrit count got down to 22 and they had to give her 2 units of blood after the surgery. She's now feeling better, but is still has no energy. It will take a few weeks for you blood levels to come back. As the doctor described it, she was down to 1/2 a tank.

Things have been very busy at work and somewhat stressful. We are finishing up our year end audit with some difficult accounting issues. It is hopefully coming to an end next week and things should calm down. I've been back at the training this week and plan to do the ski / ride double tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures up.

Erin is doing great. She loves being a missionary and the MTC. She continues to be the wonder-child even now that she is an adult.

The first MTB race is only a couple of weeks away. I'm going down with Doug and Tanner. However, I'm still in my base period and lifting weights, so I have no expectations for a good result. 4 of the Porcupine boys are racing in AZ this weekend at the Valley of the Sun. Dave has a good chance for a high placing in the Pro / Cat 1. Eric is racing his 1st Cat 2 race and is a bit worried.

Hopefully, Doug will make it back from the arctic in one piece. Bubba, good luck on the wet riding and racing. AT, come ride with me on a Saturday and come race on 3/3. We have room in our hotel for you.

No comments: