Sunday, October 26, 2008

One-ers and Runners


I want to preface this by saying it is my first non-riding post on this blog. Hopefully, you don't find my humor to morbid or insensitive. But not being able to ride much or hard has sent me over the edge. I go to the doctor on Thursday, my self diagnosis is that it is tendinitis in my knee. It is still hurting pretty bad.

As I have been commuting to work over the past few years I have come across two types of runners - One-ers and runners. Runners are like my buddy Jeremy, who always says, "I don't jog. I run." Intense face, skinny, and flying (I ran with him once and it just about killed me, won't make that mistake again). But the one I want to rant on is the one-ers. You have all probably seen them: new pair of white shoes, big basketball shorts, little belly, and breathing pretty hard. I call them one-ers because they are one and out. One run and it about does them in We have one at work who always talks to me. He'll say he is going to start running, but had this and this, so he couldn't this week. Or he ran once two weeks ago and is going to start back up. I think it's pretty funny. I don't know why you would want to run anyway (sorry doug). This is probably how I will be in a few years of knee trouble with my riding. "Well, I need to start back up, but I can't." Hopefully, you catch the pun in my rant. Maybe I should stick to just writing about the bike, but as Lance says, "it's not about the bike."

No comments: