Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Lotoja 2008









The day of reckoning is over - I am in the 1,000 mile club! All the time and enery to train makes you feel like you earned every mile of it. It was fun to get to see everyone again. When it comes to the Lotoja - you love it and you hate it at the same time. It is always better when you are finished. The first 100 was probably the easiest we have done so far. The last 100 wasn't as easy, but we made it. I don't know how Sutt managed the tandem on all those hills. It was pretty draining. It was good to see Doug and Russ make it without throwing up or bonking. Mindy, welcome to Lotoja crew. She was great. She always had a smile on her face. Rob is quoted as saying, "this was the easiest one so far" (some might think otherwise - me included). I have to say that this is the best I have felt after the race. I can walk without pain. I even road my bike today to work at a moderate intensity. I am still feeling really tired and wanted to take a nap today during my break. Thanks again for all the support vehicles, we couldn't do it without you.

No comments: