Sunday, September 28, 2008

A little update post Lotoja



Check out my sweet new liscense plate! Ya, I was a little tired the other day. My job was to keep Liam awake, but who was supposed to keep me awake?


No, I am not writing to tell you that I am writing my own blog (barely have enough time to write to this one these days). It will be fun to read what you have to say on your own posts. Don't forget us here at the GC.

Post Lotoja isn't going as well as hoped. I am a little frustrated at this point. After Lotoja I felt great, probably the best I had felt after any of them. I was thinking I would jump right back into my normal riding life, but things happen differently than planned. I started riding easy and it felt fine, but one day I road a little harder and started to notice a pain in my knee. It kept getting worse. I now believe I have torn my I.T. band (don't ask me to spell out what I.T. stands for). Which means it is always swollen and hurts when I ride hard. I tried to take a few days off of it and ride easy, but it still isn't getting any better. There are a few cross races I want to do, but if my knee doesn't get any better I won't be able to race them. Oh the joy of getting old. It was still worth the pain to ride Lotoja. It is always good to accomplish the ride and see the family. Take care and hope your riding is less painful than mine.

No comments: