Monday, August 04, 2008

Tour de PC

Before going into the details of the ride I'll let ya see a few of the pics
Doug climbing to the top of Bald Mountain. He Climbed like a champ and didn't cramp. I think all his hard training is paying off.Mindy taking a pic just before we reached the top

At this point in the ride I was starting to wonder if we would ever make it to the top. See that same view for around 3 hours was hard.


Although my view was better than what Mindy had to deal with all day.

After a while I would only focus on the road about 300 yards ahead

Reaching the top of Bald Mountain was harder than reaching the top of the King of the Mountain in Lotoja.

On the home stretch back PC


The finish line

The photo Finish

Going into the ride I worried about how Mindy and Doug would do, but both of them did great. I might have been the weak link on this ride. I was drained by the time we finished and I would diffidently but the Tour de PC on equal grounds to Lotoja. Our total time and time on the bike for PC and Lotoja were about equal, but the the tandem sucked the juice right out of me. I've never felt so drained after a bike ride (I'm still down 4 lbs), but it did build my confidence for Lotoja in the fact that Mindy and Doug did so well.

Saturday I was bit worried about how I might do in Lotoja, but then I started thinking of all the little things I didn't do on this ride that I will do for Lotoja. First, I just need to eat and drink better for Lotoja. I was unprepared for the increased amount of energy I used up as compared to riding solo. Secondly, I knew the support crew was great, but not until you don't have them do you understand how much they help you. Not only physically with food, drink, and all the changing orders, but the mental encouragement in big.

Physically my gut was messed up for about 24 hours, my abs felt worse than my legs, and my butt had the feeling of finishing Lotoja. Other than that I feel great, but for some reason I can get full. I have to eat about every other hour. Not a snack a full meal. It's crazy.

Only 33 days to Lotoja or for Doug, Mindy, and me Part II

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Sutt I am jealous. I sat with a bunch of deacons at a priesthood encampment. Can't wait to see you all.