Friday, August 08, 2008

T's the Man

Congrats to Doug, AT and Mindi on completing the TdePC. I'm impressed. I'm not sure I could endure that much time on a road bike. I'm more into 2 to 3 hours floggings.

In the past week, Tanner demonstrated he's the fastest in our house. We rode Big Cottonwood while Doug and the Suttlemyre's were doing the big ride. Our 13 mile climb wasn't close to 50, but still hard. I gave it a good effort and was still a good 5 minutes behind Tanner. Then on Tuesday, we had our final battle at Solitude. I'd managed to hold off T the prior 4 times we raced the Tuesday night series. I had a pretty good race and did my best time of the series. However, Tanner smoked me by over a minute. He got off to a good start and was gone. He's finished 2nd in the race and was closing on the leader on the last lap. It was cool to she him go so fast. Tanner's progression for the last year has been amazing. I'm happy to have a front row seat to it. We're having the time of our lives. We ended up 4th and 5th in the Expert class for the series and each walked away with some cash. Not a bad deal.

We're off to Evanston tomorrow for the last ICUP of the year. I'm ready for MTB racing to be over so I can do some fun MTB rides and get ready for cross. Tanner and I have been working on the cross bikes and we're almost ready to roll. Just need to glue some tires.

It's great having Erin home and we look forward to the family gathering Sunday. She had a great experience in Uruguay. We're enjoying our few weeks with her before she and Ashley go back to Logan for school.

No comments: