Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Joys of the Mirror Lake Highway

I could at least stand
The Suttlemyre's enjoying a casual climb!

Well as the pictures might indicate, that was one long and challenging climb from Evanston to the top of Mt. Baldie. If 50 miles of climbing isn't enough we had a hard head wind all the way back to Park City. It was so weird to look ahead and see the mountains so far off and know we had to go over them. Adam and I adopted the asphalt 10 feet in front rule, not the most scenic trip but much better mentally. When we left Kimball Jct. going to Evanston, we just flew along. I am thinking this is AOK. We were cruising along at 25 mph thinking not bad. We didn't preceive the same wind that we were going to be eating when we turned south.




We did have a great ride and it was a big confidence builder for lotoja. I had felt so bad the Sat. before and it was unknown miles on a tandem for both Adam and Mindy. Big props to the Sutt's. Adam was putting out the power and was deep in the effort cave. Mindy is such a great person to be around. She is so positive and she kept me hydrated, reminding me to drink, a big part of the good ride I had.




I would have to say that the effort and difficulty of the Tour de Park City and Lotoja and about equal. I'm not so sure both in one year is the best option, but we will see in a few weeks. Our only regret was we didn't have our other teammates along. It seemed like a solo ride for most of the race. Well we look forward to being with you all in a few weeks and best of luck to our Ulcers group tomorrow. Ride Safe Doug

No comments: