Friday, February 15, 2008

Weeks review (or is it weak review) ?

Gordy's favorite HAT!
Out somewhere west of Plain City.

What a place to live and ride! BL peak.


The famous last turn to the summit.

Nothing but fun up there!






Hello all. It has been an interesting week of life and riding. Last sat. Daren, Tanner and I rode with a mob. The bad part for me was my 1 hour spin classes did nothing to help me up hills with the 50 best riders in the state. I was spit out the back so fast I thought I had two flats only to realize that the tires were fine it was my legs that were flat. Daren recovered me and we were happy to wave goodbye and enjoy the beautiful day, only to find the two best riders in the state waiting for us to pull us back to the group. I think we made it back to the group, I was so far in the cave it was all a blur. Our return trip was very enjoyable and it ended up being a great day. 4 hours in the saddle made my Sunday sitting not quite as enjoyable.

Monday I was feeling so good with the great weather day and since I have no work, I just started riding away, then I saw it: I thought I'll just go climb up a ways on the N. Ogden divide. I was on my cross bike so I start up and then decided to keep going. Coming down is always a blast just alittle chilly after a sweaty climb. As I rode west I looked north to see: Ben Lomond in all her splender. When I got way out west I looked back at the mountains. It was a great 3 hour ride, with another one on tuesday, but the weather put me back on the spinner. I echo Rico's melt, melt chant.

I have been up grading my bike room with paint and pictures of races and rides, but for all you who know the origin of GC Connection my favorite item is Gordon's Atlanta hat I put hanging over the door so I always see it when I enter. Take care all and ride safe.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug 1, Divide 0
If your Riding up the divide this early in the year your training a lot harder than me. I was feeling good with my 45 min spin every day. Good job Doug

Daren said...

Get a job.

Bubba said...

I wish I was retired - maybe in another 30 years. More props to GC.