Monday, February 11, 2008

Big Group

Saturday we joined the biggest group ride I've ever seen. There were a legitimate 50+ on the ride. I counted 30 that started with the Porcupine Crew and we picked up nearly that many at Canyon in Draper. A whole bunch of red whit and blue jerserys. The ride had everything thing from cross bikes to high end TT bikes. We pretty much had our own rolling road closure that took up an entire lane. Surprisingly, no confrontation with cars that I saw. In fact, most were actually tollerant as it took some time to get us all through intersections.

Doug and I spend some quality time together on and off the back, but it was a good ride and great to be outside. Tanner is getting much more comfortable in a group and easily rode in the front 1/3 of the group. When it got racey a few times, we was able to stay with the first couple of groups. He's even thinking about racing the road some this year.

This weekend, I won't be at the team camp in St. George. Ashley will be home from school so I want to spend some time with her. In addition, I have to save most of my travel time and money for races. Doug, Tanner and I will be in St. George on March 1st for the first ICUP race. I'm sure I'll be going slow, but it will be fun. I look forward to seeing the MTB race crowd.

Depending on the weather this weekend, we may try to get a MTB ride in somewhere. If you're interested, let me know. Monday is the most likely and we'd leave early and drive somewhere dry.

1 comment:

MK said...

Yo Daren, I think we saw you guys. I was riding with Bobby, Matt O, and another fella from Idaho. Hope yer having a good winter. See ya soon. CX is only 8 months away! Hey...if you know how to get in touch with Steve Warsocki could ya drope me line? Late.