Saturday, January 27, 2007

St. George Day 2

Another beautiful day down south. It is amazing the difference a short 4 hour drive makes. I had a hard time getting excited about coming back to the mess in the SLC valley. Doug's sickness got worse last night and he was unable to ride today. I felt really bad for him because he would have loved today. As it was, Doug, Betty and JoAnn patiently waited for me to get my ride in before we headed north.

Eric, Steve, Mike and I hooked up with the Canyon crew today. They had a big group of 20+ and it was fun to get out with them. I road with them to the top of Utah hill then turned back with Steve and Mike to keep the ride to 4 hours. The plan was to ride up the climb as a group at an easy pace. Of course that meant that the group exploded a couple minutes up the climb and I was just below AT most of the way. Eric and Norm B. were out of sight quickly but I managed to hang around the next couple small groups to the top. I'm pretty happy how I felt this weekend considering I'm really early in my training build up. Eric is lean, mean and flying. I'm excited to see how he will do in the early Cat II races.

I'm now home and trying to hold my breath all week until the inversion is gone. Wish me luck.

Daren

No comments: