Saturday, January 06, 2007

Happy New Year






Glad to see Doug has figured out how to use the blog. I look forward to more updates.

I just got back from skiing and it was OK. Kind of windy and no powder, but still fun with Tanner. We need a lot more snow.

I have my annual winter cold. It has put the training plan on hold. I was supposed to start in earnest this week, but my body said otherwise. I've been in the gym lifting for a couple of weeks now and my legs have no go on the bike. It's kind of a strange situation. For the next 2 months, I'll work to increase my strength for racing with a weight program. However, while I'm on the program I will get really SLOW on the bike. It's the old "you have to get slow to go fast".

I'm feeling like a slacker because I'm sick and not riding today. Dave Harward is doing 6 hours today with an expected high temp below 30. The guy is dedicated, I'll give him that.

Here's a couple additional pictures.

No comments: