Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ogden/ Tour of Utah

Some teams have quite the support system. I love the look of Bissell's Pinarello Dogma.I finally found Levi in the lead group off the Snow Basin descent. The attempted break on the Snow Basin Climb.

There were neutral til Pineview Dam and then the attacks started.

Burke Swindlehurst giving his team some local course advice.

Former winner and local star Jeff Louder.

One of the stars of the field, BIG George Hincapie.

Local racer Dave Harward.

The big star of the future Taylor Phinney. He is big, look out Tom Boonen, look out one day classics.

Defending champ Mancebo in a Canyon Kit, strange.

It was a blast looking at all the bikes up close and checking out the riders. It is hard to watch a road race but pretty impressive. I was by a highway patrol car waiting for the racers to KOM at Snow Basin and I heard someone say they had 1 K to go and they passed going 17 miles/hr. That is one steep section, these guys are good. Ride safe. Doug

I some how lost these pictures and obviously added them again. I don't know how to delete them so enjoy again.















1 comment:

Bubba said...

It was pretty cool reading about the race in Velo knowing I have been to all those familiar spots. It is pretty amazing that such a high caliber race is starting in O-town. Nice! Enjoy watching it for me.