Sunday, August 22, 2010

5 feet less!

My adventure wasn't as long as the GC ride on Saturday, but I got in 70 miles. I rode about 20 miles of flat rode with a head wind. That makes for a long ride. It was fun on the way back though.

Got in another break away on the Tuesday crit. 4 of us got away from the group and really worked hard into the wind to hold our lead. We got about 2/3 of a lap on them by the end. By luck of the draw I ended up in the lead with less than 1/2 a lap to go. I did a stutter then tried to pull away from the group, but one guy held onto me. He hadn't been pulling his weight in the break away, so he was a little more fresh than the other two guys. I pulled into the worst head wind section and coming around into the final stretch I thought I had him. He started creeping up beside me and with 5 feet to go he barely passed me for the win. Was a little disappointed, but that is racing.

I am trying to decide if I should upgrade. I have enough points now, but don't know if I want to race against the 1 and 2's. Any ideas?

This is a photo of me with the cool, lighted glasses that Liam thinks I should ride with. They blink!

No comments: