Sunday, November 08, 2009

Seagull crap!


Yes, I titled this seagull crap. Last week Liam and I were going to ride over to Autzen stadium, where the Ducks play, for ESPN's college game day. I was pulling him in the trailer while I was riding my old mountain bike. I haven't traded out the tires in a while, and infact the tire in the back is bald. It is done for. While I was riding I got a flat. I got off the bike, reached down to check the tire and put my hand on some seagull crap that got stuck to my tire. Nasty.

We had to bail on our strong desires to see Kirk Herbstreit in person and go home. I didn't have a spare tube or patch, so I knew we were in trouble. The tire was leaking out quickly. I felt like Lance riding the last 7 miles of the Leadville 100 on a flat tire. I was trying hard to pull a four year old on a flat tire. We almost made it home before we had to stop. Unlike Lance I don't have sponsors to get a new rim if I destroy mine, so I walked the rest of the way. I quickly got home and washed of the bird poop that was still stuck to my hand - priceless.

No comments: