Monday, October 26, 2009

CX updates

Jill getting sworn in as an official Lawyer in good standing with the Utah Bar. We have converted my old dental office into the new Cottle Garrett Law Firm. It has really turned out great and it is all official now. Congratulation Jill, and family. All referrals are welcome.
These past two weeks we have raced in Heber and Draper. The pictures are from the Heber race as Betty came. I didn't have any pictures at Draper, but check with Daren's link he has some good shots of all our races. Daren has been out with a cracked bone in his hand but got to race Draper this weekend. Tough race to return to, but a fun course. I have alot to learn in my bike handling skills. I went off course on to many over cooked turns. My tires were full of goatheads. Luckily I made it through the 55 race OK, but in the 45 the tires gave out and I had to run a few blocks with my bike to get Daren's back up bike and continue the pain. Thanks Daren. I'm in a second place rut. Tanner and Daren both had great races at Draper and it has been fun to race together and understand the pain bond.
Cyclocross starts are pretty crazy. My group in the back waiting to start.

Finding the fast guys, and then hang on, or in this case, try to.
Daren saying "having fun yet?" That hill kept getting longer an steeper as the day went on.
Happy to have two races done. I finally get a Porcupine/Specialized invite and the team folds.
Hope you are all going great. It seems we all have less contact since lotoja. Thanksgiving is at the Peterson, don't miss it. Ride Safe. Doug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doug, keep riding hard and you'll be the next cross national champ.