Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Hard to Believe

This is the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon last week on our way to Park City.
Betty and I ran into this little fellow going over guardmans pass last week looking at the leaves.
Alot of nerves here for me, not knowing what would happen, or how I would do in my first cyclocross race of the season. I didn't do any races last year and only two in my whole big bike racing career.
My great barrier technique, most were bunny hopping on the low end of the log. Where I am going over is where Daren tried to bunny hop and hit his back wheel and endowed. He finished his race very strong, but his wrist ended up being chipped in the fall. He has a removable cast now for a few weeks and will be out of racing.
Trying to get around some traffic. The course was twisty, dry and fast.
Going as hard as I can for the finish.
Happy Grand kids, and a surprised and happy Grandpa, I won. I had a lot of fun in my first cx race of the year. It was a good course, fast and dry and its always good when you win. Daren and Tanner raced later in the day and both had great races with great results. Tanner was riding with the big boys in the A's and had a top ten finish. He looked great. Daren really had a great race and took 5th in the 35+ group. His crash happened in the first lap but when you are deep in the pain cave, what's a chipped bone anyway. Sorry he will miss a few weeks before he can get after it again. I'm thinking about retiring? GC sister Mindy was the star in the Ogden Standard Examiner today. They have a weekly insert called the Explorer, and did a story about Lotoja and its three time winner. They had some great pictures in the article and one was of Mindy stuffing a sandwich in her mouth at the Preston feed zone. It also had Glen Adams in the picture next to Mindy. He has help all of us GC'er one time or another. Glen went on to win the 45+ cat. Ride Safe






1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Congrats. You worked really hard this year Pop.