Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finally

I finally have something to write about other than my Duckies (even though the Oregon v. Arizona games was one of the best college games I have seen - go Ducks). I was able to take my cyclocross bike on its first ride of the season. I really didn't even ride it until the race. I had a worn out rear cassette that I had to swap out of my rain bike before the race.

Before I could leave for the race I had to finish some household duties so I could got the pass out the kitchen door. I pulled up to the race with only a few minutes to spare. I didn't even check my tire pressure or pump them up, I just went. With a this lack of time I didn't get to pre-ride the whole course. I did manage to get almost half a lap in though.

It had been raining all week, so the course was a mud whole - all the way through. I got a bad start, but quickly caught and passed the leaders. I was gaining a good lead when I hit a corner to quick and went down hard. I got up quick, jumped on my bike and noticed my chain was off. I got off again and put it back on while watching three guys pass me. I was able to pass the first two pretty easy. As I barely pass the leader I was climbing up a hill and my chain falls off again. I watch the one guy go passed me again. Darn luck I was having.

I caught the leader and passed him by the end of the second lap. I was getting a good gap on him again when he crashed and didn't finish the race. I ended staying on the bike without my chain coming off in the final lap to win the race. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice win!!!