Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lotoja 09

As always Lotoja was very eventful. What would a Lotoja race be like without a mechanical issues (Russ breaking a spoke), someone getting sick (I wasn't feeling to well in the gut, until I got my Amodium AD), or everyone hitting their maximum threshold. I felt like the mustache made the difference. It gave me the power to overcome, thanks to DZ for the inspiration. This year I have decided to give out some BC Lotoja Awards.

Most Inspirational - Kim overcame a lot in the last year to get to ride Lotoja again this year. It was a great to see him out there doing it again. It meant a lot to have him out there.

Best support crew - We have the best support crew around! I don't know what we would do without you all. Thanks a ton.

Greatest race food - About half way through the race food and the idea of food starts to sound bad. This year my life saver were the Otter Pops. After getting up to the top of the KOM hill I devoured two of them, and boy did they test good.

Best legs - Russ! Check out the legs in the boots.

Strongest rider - Doug tore it up! Need I say more.

I don't know what they are thinking award - I have a hard enough time riding it by myself. I don't know how you two do it on a tandem. More power to you!

Famous last words - I am not doing that again.

No comments: