Sunday, September 13, 2009

Always an Adventure

Pics from the ride that was Lotoja 2009
The pre-ride photo
The DZ stache crew (Bub's looked good up close)


I'm clean faced again. Mindy loves the new look...



..and is glad this look is gone.

The power behind the tandem

The view behind the train that is GC Connection


Russ Loving the pain that is Lotoja


I think Dave was shocked that he made it to Jackson (all the training set back he had this year), but he did great.


Another pic from behind the train


During our mechanical break down, I actually got to see some of the scenery (I usually only see the road) and a hawk up on the top of the pole.


Mindy took a pic of this bug who caught a ride on my back.


A look back at the GC Train from the front.

Nice photo Bub


The highlight of the day.... the finish.


Top five things I learned this year....
5. I plan on eating PB&J at every stop, but never do. I can eat them early in the ride, but I need find something else to eat after mile 120.
4. The only thing you can plan on is that we will never have a perfect ride. You can count on at least 1 one hour stop due to one of the following
-Weather (05)
-Mechanicals (05, 09)
-Cramps (06, 07)
-Vomiting (03,04, 05, 06, 07, 08,09)
-You get the idea
3. The ride isn't always fun, but it does bring us together as a family.
2. 12 hours on a bike with your wife... priceless. Brooke you would love the adventure that is Lotoja, and Bub you would enjoy the new challenge that is the Tandem. Michelle would also be a great addition to our team (and to Russ) because only Doug rides more miles than her.
1. The number one thing I learned this year is to NEVER DRIVE HOME AFTER YOU FINISH LOTOJA.
Until we ride Lotoja next year, ride strong.....but not tomorrow.

No comments: