Monday, November 24, 2008

To ipod or not to ipod?


To ipod or not to ipod? That is the question. Tonight while riding home I about hit this stupid lady. Why? Because she was rocking out to her ipod. Two bike paths met together and we were going to be meeting at about the same time. She saw some friends and turned to look at them, instead of what was meeting up with her - me! I started yelling, "Get out of the dang way!" while she swirved right in front of me. I barely was able to dodge her and pulled off into the leaves and grass. As I started yelling some choice words I knew she couldn't even hear me because her music was blaring. This is not my first encounter with the ever present headphone wearer.

Now I know I am the biggest hypocrit and listen to one myself, but let me justify my reasoning. First, I only put the headphone in on one ear, which allows me to hear traffic or people on my left side. Second, I don't crank up the music. I can still hear things going on around me. If I am riding in a group I leave the ipod at home. I love my music but am pretty frustrated by people and their lack of disregard for others. Be safe with the ipod or put it away.

No comments: