Monday, November 17, 2008

58,236 to 1


What are the odds? I was only able to ride 2 days this week, because of my knee. It is still swollen and bothering me. Still pretty frustrated. But in the meantime I was able to go to the Duck game on Saturday. My neighbor asked if I wanted tickets, so I couldn't pass it up. My friend Jeremy went with me. The Ducks got their brand new Nike uni's. You either love them or hate them, and I kinda like them. During the first quarter they choose someone from the audience to give a gift certificate to. I wasn't paying to much attention, until the guy next to me said I think I won! I still didn't pay much attention, but realized that the number was mine! 58,236 to 1. What are the odds. I won a $50 gift certificate to a department store out here. I would have been on the jumbotron if I had realized earlier if it was mine. It did a pan looking for the winner, but I didn't react until it was to late. Maybe next time?

Another funny thing during the game happened in the fourth quarter. The Ducks were up at half 45 to 17, but Arizona came back and the score was 48 to 45 in the fourth quarter. The guy behind me turned to his buddy and said, "You don't lose that many points unless you are playing Weber State!" I turned and said, "You have two Weber St. alum right in front of you." That shut him up pretty quick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave the odds on winning the prize, but were the odds of two WSU grads hearing that at a Ducks game? Nice

Anonymous said...

Either way you should consider a trip to Vegas, Bub. The uniforms are great, go Nike designers.