Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in the NW



Getting ready to head out.

Doug climbing up Gimple Hill. It gets pretty steep in this section.

Jeremy finishing the climb.


Fox style shots!

Doug came out for a little visit to the NW. My knee is starting to feel better, so I took it out for a test ride with DC and Jeremy. It felt alright. I am a little rusty and the knee swells up pretty quick. DC is still recovering from his shoulder injury and can't stand up to well when climbing hills. I think he is about ready to sell his mountain bike. Jeremy, my buddy from Eugene, came along as well. He hasn't ridden his bike in 3 months (he is a runner) but can still hang (and crank it). We had a rare break in the weather and it wasn't raining. It has been pretty cold up here. We all over dressed and wanted to shed some clothes about 5 minutes into the ride. But this is Oregon so give it 5 minutes and it will start raining, so we always carry rain jackets. Fortunately, it didn't rain today.

I took them out to Bailey Hill, around and back over Gimple Hill. It is a 30 mile loop that is about as pretty as it gets. There is one spot that has my dream house. It is in the middle of no where, I love it. It was nice to have DC out for a few days and get some riding in. We are going to go ride Poodle Creek (65 miles of beauty and trees) in the morning. Maybe I will put some more pic's of that on later.


My dream house

No comments: