Friday, March 23, 2007

Who's In?

So I hear rummers of Special K racing the C's at RMR tomorrow. Is this true? Is Doug considering? I'm 50/50. It all depends on JoAnn's recovery from surgury. If things go well and she gets to come home in the morning, I'm out. We'll see. Good luck to all you racers. If Kim races with Russ, I want pictures of the 180 corner. Kim could give one heck of a lead out if he's near the front at the end.

With the help of a coach, I now have many new ways to enter the pain cave. This week's new ventures included "Fast Starts" and "Alternating Threshold" intervals. The Fast Starts are to help with MTB and Cross racing starts. If you've ever seen either of these races, you know you don't exactly ease into the race. So here's the workout. Warm up then do of 6 minutes all out effort followed by 10 minutes of just below threshold. Recover for 10 minutes, then repeat. Alternating Threshold intervals yesterday were 4 x 6 min Threshold intervals (highest effort you can maintain) alternating low cadence, big gear and high cadence, smaller gear every other minute. Pain is my friend.

We haven't heard from Erin in over a week and we're not too happy about it. The e-mail thing is supposed to eliminate these problems. Apparently not.

Finally, is there a GC connection meeting Sunday? AT was talking about a get together to coordinate training and racing schedules. Let me know.

Also, I bought AJ's old Computrainer and finally got it all set up last night using our old computer. It's a pretty cool toy. It will make the indoor workouts more interesting and useful. If any of you are interested in doing a threshold test, I now have the set up to do easily.

DC

No comments: