Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Erin's Off




Erin made it off to Uruguay OK on Monday. Here's a couple of pics.





Her Mission President sent a picture today to give us evidence of a safe arrival.

She was very excited to be going and looked great. It wasn't even difficult to send her off because she's so ready to be gone. It was great to talk with her for a few minutes.

I'm finally feeling a little better. I was sicker than a dog for 3 days last week. I spent most of those days barely able to lift my head above the John. I think I got some bad Mexican food. I did manage to make it out on the Family ride on Saturday. It was pretty cool. We had Doug, Kim, Adam, Russ, the Robbies (both), Tanner, me and Dan Richie. We did a nice 2 and 1/2 loop and everyone did well. Bub, we need you here!

The weather has been super nice and the riding good. We may not have any water this summer, but it's all good now. I got my new Tarmac SL built and I've ridden it a couple of times. I like it. I put Robbie's new Tarmac E5 together last night and he gave it a test ride today. It looks good. Now, all I have to do is convert my old Tarmac into a TT bike and build up the Zebra bike to go on the Computrainer I just got from AJ. Only about 4 more hours of bike building.

Saturday is the opening of the RMR crit series. The weather looks great, so should be big fields. It's a bit like an airplane landing. If you can walk away, it was a good one. Adam and Russ are planning to race and Doug is on the fence. I'm excited and a bit nervous. I wish I felt better, but we'll see. I plan to stay up front out of trouble. If I don't have the legs to do that, I'll just hang out at the back and avoid the crashes. Hopefully, we'll get some pictures of the boys in action. The Porcupine cat 1/2 team is ready to rock and should do some damage. Anything less than a win will be disappointing.


No comments: