Sunday, September 29, 2013

A day to remember

This hasn't been the easiest of weeks for me. I feel like I have been hit from every angle - work, family, and mostly thinking of the events from last year. I had a little bit of an emotional breakdown. I guess we all have our moments and weaknesses. I have so many things I want to talk with him about. He was one of those people that could always understand me, not many of them out there. I don't know what it is, but after I would talk and talk and talk to Doug about all my stresses and worries, I would feel better and ready to move on. He would always have a story or way of making me realize the answer without saying it outloud. I keep coming back to the quote from Pres. Monson -

"Perhaps my greatest hope as a parent is to have such a relationship with you that when the day comes and you look down into the face of your own child, you will feel deep within you the desire to be to your child the kind of parent your dad has tried to be to you. What greater compliment could any man ask?"

I can only hope to be half the father Doug was to me.
Ethan, Liam, and I playing on a rainy day!

No comments: