Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Teams- Yet, I still need this group

Team one- City Works
Team two- Gecko Racing

City Works is very similar to our old GC team. Great guys to ride with that want to ride hard, but the individuals of the team are more important than the pace of the race. We joined this group thanks to Dave (Mindy's Uncle) and usually only get to ride with them once a month if we are lucky. Mindy is the glue that makes the Blue train (new kit color) work for me. It is the closest thing we have to the GC train. About the same amount of guys with about the exact team dynamics.

Gecko Racing is a neighborhood morning ride that is similar to a bike shop team ride. There is a A group and a B group.  The A group is all about killing each other for 30-40 miles on Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings. Great guys that will slow down at the top of a climb for the Tandem, but that is it. No climb and they will drop us if  we can't keep a wheel. I love it!!!

You might be wonder why I'm back on the GC blog, well the one thing these teams can't give me is the greatest things about the old GC team- (City Works is close, but not enough family) time to catch up with each others and hear about each others riding/family adventures. I miss that part of the ride as much as the GC rides. So for this reason I'm back- New teams, new adventures, but I still need to chat with the team that understands the rider that I am and get the craziness of  epic group rides.

Let the new adventures start-

1 comment:

Plastic Free Life said...

Joining a team is really powerful - and helps keep commitmment!